Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

The Soprano's


Ok, it just finally set in. Tony Soprano is going to die.

I'm not sure where this show is going, I'm not sure if I approve, but I must admit I am slightly intrigued. On the one hand I dont think I can stand an entire season of a weeping Carmella as Tony is stuck in the fantasy world of a Tony Loman-esque sales person. I also dont think I can stand an entire season of ancillary characters fighting for the top seat because, hey, I work in TV and that just reeks of spin off. But, what will in fact happen?

I'm quite shocked too, that in my world people seem to be in denial. Very little has been said at the water cooler. Perhaps people are too freaked out by the "he has an open wound" Tony and maybe it is all too much to handle on a Monday morning. Or perhaps people have just stopped caring about the Soprano's.

What do you think?

Comments:
I can't think about it.

Sorry, not a Sopranos person. Never was. People are in shock that I'm not. One of my favorite movies is Goodfellas. But I only recently saw The Godfather for the first time (as well as part II). I must be an oddity in that I'm a guy who doesn't worship everything having to do with IMM (Italian Mafia Media). Color me peculiar.
 
I can't think about it.

Sorry, not a Sopranos person. Never was. People are in shock that I'm not. One of my favorite movies is Goodfellas. But I only recently saw The Godfather for the first time (as well as part II). I must be an oddity in that I'm a guy who doesn't worship everything having to do with IMM (Italian Mafia Media). Color me peculiar.
 
SPOILERS












That open wound was really hard to look at. I don't see any way the series could end BUT for him to die--his comment to Eugene last week about no retiring in their business was certainly foreshadowing. Still, there's the rest of this season plus another 8 episodes, so who knows if this is it? It will be a miracle if he pulls through. I also thought it was interesting when Carmela mentioned the time she told him he'd go to Hell when he died. What's hell for an illegitimate businessman? Being a LEGITIMATE businessman will all the quirks that go with it. As long as the dream sequence doesn't last the whole season I'll be happy, but I was also somewhat relieved after they played up the gravity of his condition that they didn't go the cliché route of having him wake up at the end of the episode.

If he DOES die, I want to see Jr's confrontation with the "mummy"--that vow was a great Kill Bill moment, even if you know the kid is a class ****-up.
 
wow MCF, not I am intregued.
 
i personally am loving the first three episodes...if the rest of the season is this good it's a welcome return to form for the show.

i love seeing the guys being MOBSTERS! recently the show got away from this some so seeing paulie and sil and others talk business, threaten people, rob people, shoot people while tony is in another world in a coma is good to see.

i just hope they can maintain this all season. ever since season one the show has lowlights in every season.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?