Saturday, November 19, 2005

 

Millions....


If you do one thing this holiday season, donate to charity. If you do two things, donate to charity and rent the dvd of the Danny Boyle film Millions. When end of year top ten lists are being formed I am fairly certain this film will be at the top of my list.

Its hard to believe the brilliant Danny Boyle of Trainspotting, Shallow Grave, the Beach and 28 Days Later fame did a 'kids' movie. But then on second thought its not so hard to believe at all. There is hardly anything kidish about Millions. It is perfect in every way. It makes you think about what you are, what you would do, and what the Christmas spirit truly is. Yet it never ever tugs at your heart strings or makes you feel forcibly emotional--that you do all on your own.

With a killer soundtrack featuring everything from the classic Hitsville UK by the Clash to the music of Muse, and the quintessential Danny Boyle criminal underbelly tone to the charm of Manchester lads obsessed with United beating Arsenal this film is a must see. Immediately.

#of times I reflected on the time I hung out with James Nesbitt during the filming of the UK tv series Cold Feet: 5
#of times I regret passing up a trip to Manchester this past October: 7
#of times I considered upping my annual charitable donations: 100
Amount of money it takes to sponsor a child through Save the Children: $28 per month
Amount of time it took me to regain composure after seeing this film: in progress

See it. Love it. Live it.

Comments:
I love love love "Cold Feet." So jealous.
 
Millions is probably the one movie from this year that will live on in my memory for years to come. It won't win any awards and probably isn't the best movie of the year, but it is still my favorite without a doubt.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?