Saturday, August 20, 2005

 

Let Me See You Bounce


Thanks to a tip from TCho I finally was able to see the Robbie Williams performance from Live 8 that American television thought I did not need to see on the day of the event. Why I hadn't realized Live 8 performances are on AOL on demand I will never know (and here I was ready to wait the 10 years for the DVD box set). Back to Robbie...

Robbie did 4 songs. I wept uncontrollably when he sang Angels and I tasted a bit a heaven when he launched into the lyric, "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier" during Let Me Entertain You. (For those of you who get that reference -- can you see how something like that could kill me? For those of you who don't read my previous post).

Tcho feels Robbie let the audience sing along too much but for me, well, ROBBIE CAN DO ANYTHING HE WANTS.

I'm feeling a love letter to Robbie coming on soon, but for now watch.

Comments:
Thanks for the shout-out! My favorite song of his Feel. He was perfect for the night-time portion of Live 8, I thought.

Btw, I added a couple of lines about Duran Duran & Celine Dion to my original blog entry about Live 8.
 
he is just amazing and you are right..he can do whatever he wants..!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?