Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

"Is Mr. Reincarnation Enjoying His Cake?"

I rented Birth. Nicole Kidman is stalked by a 10yr old boy who is allegedly the reincarnated soul of her dead husband. I was expecting to hate this film but actually I sort of liked it. Niki Kid does really well in these ice princess roles (I'm sure she had lots of practice working on the 'I feel faint yet I have the urge to kill you' stare when she was married to Cruisazy). There is a scene when she is at the Opera and the camera sits stationary on her as she slowly has a melt down. You could feel her channeling the 'no I wont join your cult!' moment.

# of times I pondered how the hair department got her locks into that awful wig: 8
# of minutes it took me to get used to the awful wig: 26minutes
Lauren Bacall as Nicole's on screen mom: A+ (what a match!)
Approx. Cost of the NYC duplex featured in the film : $8.9Million
Probability that Cameron Bright (the boy) will be the new Haley Joel Osmett: 14.3%

Fun fact: Cameron Bright is in production on another film, who is his next leading lady? Katie Holmes.


Comments:
I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS MOVIE! I AM RENTING IT IMMEDIATELY!
 
That movie was creepy because the whole plot was so confusing. The ending really annoyed my gf, too.

I'm glad I didn't watch much of it, to be honest.

And YES her wig was awful, to the point of illegal.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?