Saturday, August 27, 2005

 

Butler, Gerard Butler!


I just saw Dear Frankie on DVD. This film first came to my attention several years ago in Cannes. I passed up an opportunity to interview the film's star Gerard Butler because he was at the time, well, not really a star. That 'pass' is one of my greatest celebrity regrets. While Gerard Butler is now just gaining popularity in the US (check out his bio) I think he is sure to soon be a star (James Bond rumors!). Oh and did I mention I have a crush?

Dear Frankie is a sweet sweet film about a mother's love for her son. I recommend it, especially if you are looking for a film that makes you go "awe." Emily Mortimer plays Lizzie, a mother who is estranged from Frankie's father. After having responded to her son's numerous letters in the guise of his father, she hires a stranger to pose as his dad when meeting him.

Hot Actor Factor: 10
# of Times I kicked myself for passing on the interview: 44
# of Times I saw Phantom of The Opera in Theaters: 2 (lets keep that between us)
# of Times this film made me go "awe": 6
Bathroom visits: 2
Food Consumption during screening: 2 glasses of iced tea and 1 chocolate rice cake
# of Times I contemplated mailing a letter to myself: 0

Lesson learned: Consider this before you diss- the nobody of today can be the somebody of tomorrow!

Comments:
i am surprised you passed up this interview. normally "cute boy" trumps "A, B, C, even D LIST" level celebs. Always interview a hottie, that's rule 1 of televsision.
 
Didn't think too much of the dude in Tomb Raider Cradle of Life, to the point that I thought he was the same actor from the first movie until i checked IMDB. I didn't even REMEMBER he was Dracula in Dracula 2000, but then I may have blocked portions of that film intentionally. I did think he was the perfect Marek in Timeline, and i did see a trailer for Dear Frankie recently that had me considering adding it to my Netflix Queue. Maybe I'll have to check it out at some point.

And Alexis Denisof should be the next Bond. OK, he hasn't auditioned nor has his name been mentioned, but he'd be better than the dude from ER....
 
i saw this not for mr. butler, but because of my crush on emily mortimer...it was a sweet little movie that teeters on the edge of being too sweet.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?