Wednesday, August 10, 2005

 

All I Ever Wanted, All I Ever Needed Is Here In My ipod


I received an advanced copy of Depeche Mode's new single "Precious."

I'm not usually into doing music reviews because it is really hard to put into words the feelings I get from a song. What I can say is that it is so very amazing that Depeche Mode is back! Precious reminds me of Enjoy The Silence in sound, lyric and feeling. I'm hoping the rest of the album will echo the sounds of DM's past (going back to Violator is a good start). I really really really enjoyed this song.

I cant give you the song but I can give you the lyrics. The song was played last night on BBC 1 so I am sure if you tool around on the internet you'll be able to find, at least, a sample of it.

Comments:
Well, my jealousy knows no bounds!

I thought that the "Precious" single release was October 4th, with the album following on the 18th?
 
Yep, October 4th and 18th.
 
Oh. Wow.

I must admit that I was not a fan of "Exciter," and was a bit worried that the upcoming work might follow in the same vein. But if the rest of "Playing the Angel" is anything like "Precious" then there's nothing to worry about.

Interesting how they are dipping back into heavy synth again, isn't it?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?